11 oz. Puff pastry
7 oz. Pleasant Ridge cheese, sliced 1/4″
3 oz. Smoked ham, good quality, 1/4″ dice
To taste Freshly ground black pepper
1 ea. Egg, beaten
1. Cut pastry in half, chill one and roll other piece to 1/8″ thickness.
2. Place on baking sheet, top with cheese, ham and pepper. Leave 1/2″ edge on outside.
3. Roll chilled piece of dough to 1/8 thickness, about 1/2″ larger than first piece.
4. Brush edge of first dough with egg and transfer 2nd dough to first.
5. Line up edges and press down. Then crimp with fork.
6. Egg wash entire top.
7. Transfer to refrigerator for 45 minutes.
8. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20 minutes.
9. Let cool to lukewarm for serving