Party Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed vegetables, fresh or blanched
- 1 small Carrot, peeled
- 1 small Onion, peeled – optional
- 1 tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 cups Dry rotini pasta
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Fresh basil
- 1 clove Fresh garlic, minced
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Black olives
- 1. Place vegetables in boiling water, cook 2 minutes and place in the strainer and rinse under cold water until chilled. Drain completely, then place in mixing bowl.
- 2. Grate carrot, chop onion and prepare any other ingredients you want to use. Add to the mixing bowl.
- 3. Fill medium saucepan 2/3 full with water. Add canola oil and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 4. Once the water is boiling, add the rotini pasta and stir. When the water boils again, reduce heat to medium. Cook until pasta is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Set strainer in sink. Remove saucepan from stove and carefully pour into strainer to drain pasta.
- 6. Add pasta to vegetables in mixing bowl and use spoons to toss.
- 7. Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, spices and black olives. Mix well. Chill 1 hour before serving.
- 8. For creamy pasta salad, add 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup sour cream
- You can add anything to this salad, it only gets better!
Wisconsin Local Food https://wisconsinlocalfood.org/
Party Pasta Salad – Kid Friendly