- 1 cups AP flour, half whole wheat flour also works well
- 2 cups sugar, you can reduce the sugar by half
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups oil or 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil or melted butter and add to dry.
- Add raisins and pour into greased pan.
- Bake until done.
- Let cool on baking rack.
- Beat frosting ingredients together.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Here is a versatile old fashion comfort recipe for winter. You could substitute carrot or squash for the pumpkin. Freezes well.
Wisconsin Local Food https://wisconsinlocalfood.org/