- 1 cup Bulgur
- 1 1/2 cup Boiling water (add to bulgur, rest 30 minutes)
- 1 cup Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tbsp. Chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 ea. Scallions, finely chopped (include 2” of green tops)
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 fl. oz. Olive oil
- 2 fl. oz. Lemon juice
- 1 cup Cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into fine dice
- 1 cup Bell peppers, seeded and cut into fine dice
- 2 cups Tomatoes, seeded and cut into fine dice
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Cooked chick peas (optional)
- 1. Combine bulgur and boiling water; set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature. Drain bulgur and squeeze out all excess water.
- 2. Add parsley, mint, scallions, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 3. Use rubber spatula to incorporate cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper.
- Here is a great summer recipe. You can substitute any grain or starch such as couscous, quinoa, and buckwheat groats—follow individual cooking methods.
Wisconsin Local Food https://wisconsinlocalfood.org/